How to Use Facebook’s “Merge Duplicate Pages” Feature to Gain Fans
August 4, 2011 2 Comments
Your official Facebook Page may not be getting all the fans it deserves because users are accidentally Liking unofficial community Pages with the same name. These missing fans cost you news feed impressions and clicks and ad targeting opportunities. Fortunately, Facebook now offers the “Merge duplicate pages” tool to allow you to roll fans from duplicate community Pages into your official Page.
In the full version of this article found in the Facebook Marketing Bible, we discuss why using the tool is important, how to use it to gain new fans, how to eliminate other duplicate pages, and how to properly greet the new fans of your Page to prime them for future engagement.
Comment or ‘connect’ to discuss how this applies to you and your organization…
- How to Use Facebook’s “Merge Duplicate Pages” Feature to Gain Fans (insidefacebook.com)
- Facebook Allows Duplicate Community Pages to Be Merged Into Official Pages (insidefacebook.com)
- Facebook Launches Community Pages for the ‘Unofficial’ (hubspot.com)
- The Facebook Marketing Bible August 2011 Edition Is Now Available (insidefacebook.com)
- Facebook Doesn’t Want You to LIKE Me (andrawatkins.com)