2012: The year of social business
December 20, 2011 Leave a comment
We’ll look at back at 2012 as a transformative year in the history of marketing, a year when social media changed everything.
Big brands are no longer experimenting with social media – they are now taking it very seriously indeed. They spent 2011 getting to grips with it from a marketing perspective, and bringing in specialist agency support. Some have gone as far as hiring heads of social media, which is only accelerating the change.
2012 will be the year of social business, when brands realise that to keep up with their more enlightened competitors and to reap the rewards of social media, they need to properly internalise it. To move from one-off campaigns to always-on conversations, real structural and cultural change is required.
Operationalising social media within companies will often start with customer service, as brands realise that turning negative online word of mouth into positive has more impact on their bottom line than their pro-active marketing activities.
- The Social Business Comes First (servantofchaos.com)
- Demystifying Social Business (darmano.typepad.com)
- Social Business Solutions from Social Business Teams (johnbell.typepad.com)
- 4 Megatrends in Social Media and Social Business – Forbes (forbes.com)
- Social Media for Business (coydavidson.wordpress.com)